Raymond L. Panneton
A native Texan, Raymond L. Panneton has built a national practice with deep Texas roots.
After passing the Texas Bar Exam, Mr. Panneton began his law practice in the heart of Houston’s Heights neighborhood. Representing plaintiffs in complex medical malpractice, pharmaceutical, and medical device litigation, Mr. Panneton’s practice took him to courtrooms in Texas and throughout the country. Whether through a jury trial or a complex mediation, Mr. Panneton ensured his clients received a detailed, results-oriented representation. Mr. Panneton’s hard work and dedication to his clients was recognized by H Texas Magazine, where Mr. Panneton named one of “Houston’s Top Lawyers.”
In 2016 Mr. Panneton shifted his practice to complex business and intellectual property litigation. In this capacity, Mr. Panneton represented his clients in federal and state trial courts, as well as in mediation and before arbitration panels. Again, Mr. Panneton’s representation of his clients resulted H Texas Magazine naming Mr. Panneton one of “Houston’s Top Lawyers.”
Joining Daniel & Associates in 2019 as a Senior Trial Lawyer, Mr. Panneton brings with him his passion for representing those who have suffered catastrophic injuries, as well as his diverse background and knowledge.
Mr. Panneton, in addition to his robust legal work, is also an active member of the Bar, holding leadership positions within the American Bar Association, the American Bar Association YLD, and the Houston Bar Association. In 2017, Mr. Panneton’s work with the ABA YLD earned him recognition as the Division’s Star of the Year. Additionally, Mr. Panneton is a frequently invited guest lecturer and author for organizations and publications across the country.
When not in the office or courtroom, Mr. Panneton is an active member within his community and within his parish home of St. Cyril Catholic Church. Residing in the Westchase District of Houston, Mr. Panneton can often be found walking his dogs or enjoying some of the fantastic local food Houston has to offer.
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Awards and Honors:
- Houston’s Top Lawyers – H Texas Magazine, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Fellow – American Bar Foundation, 2018
- Fellow – Texas Bar Foundation, 2018
- Star of the Year – American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2017
- Best Feature/Human Interest Story – Stars of Texas Bars, State Bar of Texas, 2016
- Best Attorneys in America – Rue Ratings, Lifetime Charter Member, 2014
- Dean’s Academic List – Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Trial Advocacy
- Vice-Director, Membership – American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2018-2019
- Chair-Elect, Medicine and Law – American Bar Association Tort, Trial, and Insurance Practice Section, 2018-2019
- The Houston Lawyer, Editorial Board Member – Houston Bar Association 2014-2019
- Panneton, Raymond L. The Sword and the Shield: The Effective use of Medical Records in Litigation. The American Bar Association Publishing. Forthcoming.
Continuing Legal Education Presentations
- Talaska, Robert J. and Panneton, Raymond L. “Defining the Rules: Establishing Standard of Care in Medical Negligence Litigation.” TexBarCLE. March, 2016.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Law Clerks Offer Big Opportunities for Small Firms”. Texas Lawyer. October 31, 2011
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Law Clerks Offer Big Opportunities for Small Firms”. The Legal Intelligencer. November 3, 2011
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Students Need Practical Education, Not Ivory Tower”. Texas Lawyer. May 28, 2012
- Panneton, Raymond L. “iLitigate – Helpful Lawyering Apps for the Digital Age”. Texas Lawyer. November 26, 2012
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Simple Steps to Creating a Useful Website”. Texas Lawyer. December 24, 2012
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Focus Website Content to Generate Leads”. Texas Lawyer. February 11, 2013
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Pre-Flight Checks Before Taking Off Into the Cloud”. Texas Lawyer. April 29, 2013
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Don’t Believe These Five SEO Myths”. Texas Lawyer. October 25, 2013
- Panneton, Raymond L. “7 Social Media Missteps to Avoid”. Texas Lawyer. January 27, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Don’t Fear Social media, But Mind the Rules”. Texas Lawyer. April 7, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “How Law Firms can Comply with HIPAA”. Texas Lawyer. July 14, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Medical Malpractice Statute for Minors Upheld.” American Bar Association Section of Litigation- Minority Trial Lawyer News & Developments. October 17, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Be the Brand: 5 Tips for Marketing a Practice.” Texas Lawyer. October 27, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “10-Year Statute of Repose Held Constitutional for Minor’s Medical Malpractice Claims.” The Houston Lawyer. January/February 2015
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Distributions Involving a Special Needs Trust.” Texas Lawyer. March 30, 2015.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Making the Most of Mediation.” Texas Lawyer. June 15, 2015.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “SCOTX Opens Door to Medical Malpractice Arbitration.” The Houston Lawyer. May/June, 2015
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Avvo: The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line.” Texas Lawyer. September 21, 2015.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Great Expectations: Managing Client Expectations for a Better Attorney-Client Relationship” Texas Lawyer. November 2, 2015.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Mobile Cyber-Security for Lawyers.” Texas Lawyers. March 21, 2016.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “SCOTX Finds No Governmental Immunity Where Government Received a Benefit.” The Houston Lawyer. March/April 2017.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Don’t Feed the Trolls: Curbing Patent Trolls in the Eastern District” The Houston Lawyer. July/August 2017.
- Texas Standard – National Public Radio, “Are Viral Law Ads a New Internet Reality”, July 15, 2016
- KILT-FM – CBS Radio Houston, “Jury Duty”, February 9, 2017